Standard Package Travel Information Form
The combination of travel services offered to you is a package tour within the meaning of Directive (EU)
2015/2302. Consequently, you can claim all EU rights that apply to package holidays.
Ocean Going B.V. is fully responsible for the proper execution of the entire package holiday.
Ocean Going B.V. also has the legally required protection to to reimburse you and, if the
transport is included in the package holiday, to repatriate you in the event that it becomes insolvent.
Basic rights under Directive (EU) 2015/2302
- Before concluding the package travel agreement, the traveler will receive all essential information about the package tour.
- Liability for the proper performance of all travel services included in the agreement always rests with at least one trader.
- The traveler is provided with an emergency telephone number or contact point details through which he can contact the organizer or travel agent.
- The traveler can transfer the package tour to another person, subject to a reasonable period of time and possibly against payment of additional costs.
- The price of the package tour can only be increased if specific costs increase (for example fuel prices), if this is expressly included in the agreement, and in any case not later than 20 days before the start of the package tour. If the price increase is higher than 8% of the price of the package trip, the traveler can terminate the agreement. If the organizer reserves the right to a price increase, the traveler is entitled to a price reduction if the relevant costs would decrease.
- In the event that any of the essential elements of the package, other than the price, is significantly changed, the traveler may terminate the contract without payment of a termination fee and receive a full refund. If the trader responsible for the package tour cancels the package before the start of the package tour, the traveler is entitled to a refund and, if appropriate, compensation.
- The traveler may terminate the contract without payment of a termination fee before the start of the package in exceptional circumstances, for example if there are serious security problems at the destination that are likely to affect the package.